P5R, Persona 5: The royal in Japan and Persona 5 Royal in the West finally has a bit clearer picture on when it will be released, so let’s take a look at how much we already know about the game.
What will be different in Persona 5 Royal?
If you already are familiar with Persona game series and have played Persona 4 Golden than here is what you need to know. Persona 5 Royal will be a boosted version of Persona 5 game series previous title. The differences in this game will be: new music, new Palace, an additional Phantom Thief member Kasumi Yoshizawa, other new characters like Phantom Thieves, Takuto Maruki and Jose, a playable third semester, additional plot and social elements, support for the PlayStation 4 Pro and many other small additions and changes.
Some other interesting changes coming to Persona 5 Royal
- Game publisher Atlus has hinted that there will be more Akechi involvement events, including his cliffhanger fate. Additionally, the latest PV-02 trailer shows Akechi, in his “Black Mask” form, fighting alongside the Phantom Thieves, heavily implying that he has indeed survived.
- The game will run in 60fps and will support 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro.
- There Persona 5 original storyline won’t change but there will be new anime and game cutscenes and an untold story.
- Morgana will be receiving a human form.
- The game will feature a gallery mode where players will be able to watch anime scenes.
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 is a RPG developed by Atlus and it is the sixth title in the Persona series and a part of the larger Megami Tensei franchise. And Persona 5 Royal is the expanded version of this game and it will feature new content.
Persona 5 Royal release date
The game was first announced last year on December 31. Game publisher Atlus fully revealed the game this year in April. The game will be released worldwide some time in spring of 2020 and in Japan the game will be released on October 31, 2019.
If you like anime check out these Netflix anime series that are available for streaming on Netflix right now.