Finally, Pokémon Go players will be able to snatch Jirachi. Of course, it will not be so easy to get it, but if you follow these steps listed below you will do just fine. To obtain the Mythical Wish Pokémon Jirachi you will have to go through a set of Special Research tasks and it’s called “A Thousand-Year Slumber”.
Jirachi is a dual-type Steel/Psychic Mythical Pokémon introduced in Generation III and it is known for evolving into any other Pokémon. The quest is called “A Thousand-Year Slumber” because Jirachi has the power to grant wishes and it only awakens for seven days every thousand years.
It’s advisable to go through this list of steps because on your way completing this Thousand-Year Slumber you will notice that some of the requirements will be to use a lot of candy or special items and some of them could be pretty hard to find.
Jirachi quest step by step
- Catch 25 Pokemon (1000XP)
- Spin 10 Pokéstops or Gyms (Jigglypuff encounter)
- Make 3 new friends (Feebas encounter)
Rewards: Magnetic Lure, Glacial Lure, Mossy Lure
- Catch 3 Whismur (10 Whismur Candy)
- Evolve a Feebas (1500 XP)
- Gold Hoenn Medal (1500 XP)
Rewards: 2000 Stardust, 10 Regular Pokéballs, 3 Lures
- Take a snapshot of Loudred (Snorlax encounter)
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row (2000 XP)
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your buddy (2000 XP)
Rewards: 20 Silver Pinap Berries, 3 Star Pieces and 2000 Stardust
- Catch 50 Psychic or Steel type Pokémon (2500 XP)
- Power up Pokémon 10 times (2500 XP)
- Send 10 Gifts to friends (2500 XP)
Rewards include one: Fast TM, Charged TM, Premium Raid Pass
- Battle a team leader 3 times (Kricketune encounter)
- Win against another Trainer 7 times (3000 XP)
- Win 5 raids (3000 XP)
Rewards: 3 Rare Candy, 20 Ultra Balls, 3000 Stardust
- Take 5 photos of Steel or Psychic Pokémon (Chimecho encounter)
- Make 3 excellent curveball throws (Bronzong encounter)
- Spin a Pokéstop 7 days in a row
Rewards: 10 Silver Pinap Berries, 10 Star Pieces, 5000 Stardust
Will be updated. And the reward of course is Jirachi encounter.
Once Jirachi appears players will have no limit of tries to catch it, probably because you have to catch it with AR mode on, but don’t give up and you will definitely catch it!